Wednesday, January 27, 2021

TWENTY NINE - Get my Ducks in a ROW

The ONLY photo of my SIS and I together as children!

"AH HA" idea was WISHFUL thinking.

 My subscription to NEWSPAPERS from Ancestry is running out. Been a member for a few  years with No revelations. I decided to spend the last few days of my subscription doing searches in Florida. If Nothing comes thru I plan to cancel and try plan B. My thought was since MOM got her divorce there in 1979 maybe she was still there, under a NEW married name. Having her Florida resident as a witness means she had some connection there. So I used every variation of her name(S) I could think of....Nada! I spent many many HOURS and went back for more punishment today. I need a break for my brain to come up with another Hair brain idea. As I'm writing, I think I will check the Florida Census. I am sure I have already tried that, but who knows maybe it is there waiting for me?


"NEVER GIVE UP" reminder

When I first started my search in March 2018 I joined a few Facebook groups. One of the ladies started helping me, directing me on places to look. Often I would get frustrated because I couldn't find any new leads. Being a hobby Genealogist she would keep telling "NEVER GIVE UP" and she was right.  Maybe 3 years FEELS like a long time, but considering I am trying to dig up history that has been dormant for Decades, I shouldn't expect it to be easy. I have been using GOOGLE to get new ideas for where I can search.  

MY PLAN OF ATTACK ~ KEEP MY EYES ON THE PRIZE

A Year ago the FB Ancestry site asked me to tell my story, but I was selling my house and never got around to it. The Social media angle is likely my Best chance to find MOM.

Facebook - Ancestry
Facebook 23+me
Facebook SEARCH TEAM - United States Search Angles
Facebook Search Squad
Facebook - searching for biological family
Twitter
Instagram
https://www.ancestry.ca/
https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection 
https://www.myheritage.com/ 

WISH ME LUCK!!!! I'm going to FLOG the internet, 
Maybe just Maybe I will find where our mom is buried!
I need my Post to be shared enough that "Someone" will come forward.

PLEASE SHARE MY FB POST!

No comments:

Post a Comment