Thursday, January 14, 2021

TWENTY SEVEN ~ Take a second look

 

More questions than answers?


It's Time for a second look!

It is almost the THREE year anniversary of the search for my mom "Lenora Jennings" I have found countless First, Second, third and forth cousins, none of whom I knew existed. I have also found Aunts, Uncles, grand parents and other people in my Family Tree. 
"BUT"
I have still not found ANYTHING about my mother ~ NOTHING!
It is extremely frustrating and at times I wonder Why I would bother. I don't know anything about her, and she has most likely passed away. There hasn't been any new developments so it's time for a second look!


Trying to make sense of the Documents

I have decided to make a new "LIFE" board using the Legal documents as building blocks. These documents are the only thing I know for sure. (even that statement is not 100% true) My mothers BIRTH Certificate above is a prime example. She is listed as "ANNA ROSE ELLIS" The truth is though that her father's family name was "JENNINGS"  My Grandfather ROY was taken in by the ELLIS family when his family died. When he joined the army, he was using the last name JENNINGS. So WHY is my mom's Birth certificate under ELLIS, she was born a few weeks AFTER her father had died. When her birth was registered, she was a Jennings?


The "SWITCH-A-ROO" of mom's name

My Grandmother "ANNA MAE PICKERELL" registered my mom's name as "ANNA ROSE ELLIS", but shortly after my grandmother moved to Buffalo, dying with cancer. ROY's sister "LENORA Bloomfield" stepped in and cared for the many children. My searches discovered that my mother was renamed as "LENORA ANNE BLOOMFIELD"? My mother came to Toronto without any documents. She returned to the U.S. to get a birth certificate so she could work. Suddenly my mother was "LENORA ANNE JENNINGS" Is it any wonder my search has been so difficult? 


Take a Breath, and start at Square One

So it is time for me to look in earnest at how best to proceed with my search. Even though I discovered many people, I still haven't found my mom. I found out there has been NO activity of anyone using my mom's name for Decades. I have been advised that she is likely dead. I would Still like to find out what happened to her, where is she buried, where is her death certificate and does ANYONE remember her? Fingers crossed!


"LIFE UPDATE explaining my ABSENCE"

My blog has suffered bc of the many life changes in my life. Separation, relocation and renovations....I am ready to begin my Search again.













No comments:

Post a Comment