Friday, March 30, 2018

FIVE - let's play the LENORA JENNINGS memory game!

Lenora and Peter VERI wedding photo 1953 - Brunette lady UNKNOWN


Let's play the "Lenora Jennings" MEMORY GAME


I have "Googled" many times on how to find someone. TONS of sites with many ideas, just a matter of reading them all for the best direction. All the sites suggest talking to relatives and picking their brain for Any little tidbit in their Memory.  It has been a challenge because my mom left Over 50 YEARS ago! The adults who would have been her piers have long since passed away and the younger relatives were not old enough to know her.

Even ANCESTRY.CA has links with suggestions. Unfortunetly I do Not have access to ANY photographs, certificates or any other documents. I'm actually amazed that I have found Any thing about my mom...but I haven't found a hint of what happened to her. IF only I had a Birthdate or knew a siblings name! I was able to get a copy of my sister Tina's last surgery. I was hoping there would be a mention of my mom or even a family members name - NOT! Which is why the search continues. A DNA sample, an Instagram and a Twitter account, and finally a BLOG - fingers crossed this works!

"Meager memories"


My oldest living relative Aunt Anne (real sweetheart) remembers mom as having the Gift of Gab. Mom once walked in cold turkey to a job interview then left with a job. Aunt Anne recalls mom also dressed well and had a gentle soul.

One cousin remembers mom's great voice, another cousin said how well my mom made Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches. I remember my mom sketching some fashionable women ( wearing "petal pushers" so that tells you how long ago "Fashionable" was - LOL ) I remember my mom singing and Dancing along with Nat King Cole, but nothing else specific....wish I could. Oh and mom liked to SPOON with us as the three of us went to sleep. 

Mom also had some Fashion tips for my sister Tina and I - Never Ever get your white gloves dirty!!! You want them Always to be pristine, who knew that styles would change so much. My mom spent hours making sure she looked just right. My sister Tina was the same way and she knew brand names, and always the Right outfit to wear. Well I must be the black sheep of the family, I Never knew what was the proper dress code and finally gave up trying. 

Mom also was quite popular with people and had the Kavorka with men. She always seemed to attract attention, again my sister had the same gift.
How I wish I had heard some stories of her family, or her eductation...or her home town. ANYTHING which would help me find out what happened to her.

My cousin Nick, whom I haven't seen in over 50 YEARS. said he and his father were walking down Yonge Street in Toronto (our big city) when they Bumped into my mom! He thinks it was about 1968...kinda broke my Heart...I moved out of my dad's home 1969 * It's hard to push forward some days when you think of all the "shoulda, woulda, coulda's" that were SO close, but now is gone forever. Thankfully the Geneology buddy LOU, keeps reminding me to "Never give up"  IF I don't follow this thru now, I will Never know what happened to my mom.


I "need" to know what happened to Lenora Anne Jennings!
Birth MOM search @ 65


No comments:

Post a Comment