Friday, April 6, 2018

SIX - Ancestry DNA arrives a month early!

Maria Yvette VERI ( ME! ) 1956 Toronto Ontario

ANCESTRY DNA test arrives a month early!


OMGawd....ANCESTRY DNA Test arrived and I haven't had a chance to watch all the videos to learn what the test is going to tell me!!!! I stayed up til 3:30am because I was SO excited and Hopeful and afraid to expect any miracles....but secretly praying there Would be some!

I went to the ANCESTRY.CA site and was pleasantly surprised at all the info they provided. The charts showed where my relatives originated from, and also the migration to the United States. Oh the colors, the diagrams and best of all the little stories, which you could click for every 25 years starting about the 1600's. I'm quite impressed, Ancestry did a good job.


Hold my BREATH and CLICK to see my DNA matches - Yikes


You would think a full grown woman would be "Veri" laid back about hitting the button to see who matches my DNA....but NO! Instead I was a bit afraid, because what if my MOM was there and had been all these years...just waiting for me to search in the right place? Worse case is if there is NO matches, or maybe only matches on my fathere's side, which would be NO help in finding my mom. Well OF COURSE I clicked and then had the confusion of reading something I did not understand. Good thing there is ANCESTRY "help" and then GOOGLE and of course YouTube videos. With all the extra help I was able to make sense of it a bit more.

I found a match of 1411 cMs ( Centimorgans for you Newbies - LOL ) Across 57 DNA segments.
( Extreme High chance we share an Aunt, Uncle, Grandparent OR could be HALF-SIBLING )

Another match was 1110 cMs across 42 segments
( First or Second cousin or share a Grandparent - Extremely High chance )

A 500 cMs across 27 segments
( Extreme High chance of second cousin, neice, nephew, aunt, uncle or share G.G. Grandmother)

Finally a bunch in the 350 and Below cMs
There was over 1,000 DNA MATCHES! Just AMAZING!


SO WHAT DO I DO NOW WITH ALL THESE DNA Matches???


Guess what is the kicker of all this fancy DNA stuff. "Many" of my matches have their User names as Initials (not names)  Many have NOT been on Ancestry for Years, and MANY have NO interest is exchanging information. I have learned there is alot of people who took the test to learn about their HISTORY, where their Ancestors originated from and what different Nationalities run thru their veins. They already Know who their family is, and aren't interested in finding any extras.

I have wrote to almost 50 DNA matches. The largest response has been from people who are ADOPTED and LOOKING FOR BIRTH FAMILY.  I answered all I could on my father's side, but of course I couldn't help with anything on my mom's side. 

FINGERS CROSSED that One day I WILL be able to share her information!

No comments:

Post a Comment