Thursday, July 22, 2021

THIRTY THREE ~ OMFAGAWD "mom" has been FOUND!



This photo ended the Search for MOM!

Our searches showed a "Lee Ann Jennings" married a Marvin Glickman June 13 1981 in Florida. We had focused a large portion of our searches to Florida because  "Lenora Anne Jennings Veri" obtained a divorce in Florida from my Father in 1979. Marvin passed in 1998 and his wife Lee Ann passed in 2003. Discrepancies steered us away from the Glickmans.

Still the name kept coming up, and we would look at the info Again! One of the founding members of our Search team "Tom B" and I spent a few days throwing around new theories and possibilities. Tom B pushed further and he made Contact with one of the Daughters listed in Marvin's Obituary....the 5 minute conversation opened the door a crack. Enough that I called the daughter again. The next day I made contact with all Three daughters.

The Daughters could Not have been more Helpful

Yes the daughter spoke of things that were similar to my sister and mother. Well dressed, perfect makeup, coiffed hair....all things Not found in me LOL They explained it was the Doctor who wrote the names on the Death certificate, so now we knew why the names were wrong. Mom had met Marvin shortly after she left Chicago. Mom was already dating Marvin when she obtained her divorce in 1979. Their marriage in 1981 fit. Many questions were answered which did NOT make me convinced it was my mom.

I asked if they would look at a photo a cousin had sent me when mom lived in Chicago taken about 1971. The response was Instant. One daughter replied "100 % that is Lee Ann Glickman" The other daughter said "Yes that's Lee Ann for Sure" UMMMM WHAT???
Their conviction opened up the conversation even more. Maybe now they realized I "was" the daughter of Lee Ann Glickman. Their willingness to share details including the Death Certificate of Lee Ann Glickman convinced me I could Share more personal secrets  than I originally planned to. I feel ZEN because the "Search for Lenora Jennings is Truly over!

Where do we go from here?

Now I will take the time to learn about my mom and her life as "Lee Ann Glickman". 
I feel such a sense of Peace knowing that my mom lived a Happy Life for decades. I am so Grateful that I got to share this amazing discovery with my newly found "Brother Steve" 
We will get to learn together what happened in Mom's life....the things that brought her Joy.
The wonder and worry about what happened to mom, is gone. Replaced by a Calmness. Marvin's family will fill in all the blanks. Steve and I will finally get to know our mother.
I feel Blessed and want to thank Everyone for All the effort, 
concern, guidance and love thru this entire process!  

THANK YOU EVERYONE!



No comments:

Post a Comment